Thursday, November 19, 2020

Ter Stegen: Goals which start from the back make me happy

 Marc Andre ter Stegen is fully recovered from injury and has taken back his No.1 role at Barcelona. The German sat out the recent international break in a mutual agreement with Joachim Low in order to get back to full fitness, and is now raring to go again for his club side.

A big challenge awaits the German in the form of Atletico Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday, but being the calm figure that he is, particularly with the ball at his feet, it is unlikely that the fixture will faze him.

His ability with both feet, as well as his hands, has made him the starting point of Barcelona's attacking moves, and nothing gives the former Borussia Monchengladbach star more pleasure than seeing a goal scored on the back of one of his passes.


"When I look back on recent seasons how many goals have been scored from playing out from the back, it makes me very happy," he told Barca TV. "I see that I can bring solutions to the team, and that's what I want to do, helping the team by giving others the freedom to move around and make it difficult for the opponent to pressure us.

"We all want to reach our full potential and always improve. And this is what I have tried every year, there is always something you can do better." The German was also asked about his relationship with Barcelona goalkeeping coach Jose Ramon de la Fuente.



"We make a good team. We have analysed things in which he believed I could improve and we have made changes," he stated. "We are honest in the analytical part, so that it can be better every time.Ter Stegen is now not only expected to keep clean sheets on the field, but off it as well, having become a father last December. "I think being a parent is exhausting, but at the same time very nice when you can spend time with your children. I am very proud, when he gives me a hug, for example, it is beautiful. It drives me crazy, completely," he said. 


                                      -written by MOULIK Porel.


1 comment:

Berbatov: "What have Messi and Cristiano done to be finalists for The Best?"

 The former Manchester United player thinks that while both players are living legends, neither deserves to be up for the award: "Sadly...